I am available for virtual and “face to face” consultations. Patients are seen under strict hygiene conditions and face-masks are compulsory. If you would prefer a virtual consultation, you will need to notify me via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consultation structure for a comprehensive dietary treatment plan:
- Initial Consultation: R910
This is very much a fact-finding meeting for the dietician to find out your likes and dislikes, and to determine your goals. The dietician will take:
- physical measurements – height; weight; body fat; waist circumference. I use an InBody Body Composition Analyser to determine fat, muscle and water values.If it is a virtual consultation, you will need to take your own measurements.
- a medical and family history
- a dieting history
- a 24-hour dietary recall
- blood tests will be ordered if deemed necessary
- dietary education will be given
- OPTIONAL: nutrigenomic tests will be done if the patient would like a diet plan that is personalised according to their DNA. These tests need to be paid for separately. Please consult the Nutrigenomic Tests page under Services for more details.
- Diet Plan Consultation (Second Consultation): R605
This is the educational consultation. The dietician would have taken all the information gathered from the initial consultation, and drawn up an individualised diet plan to meet the patient’s specific nutritional requirements. The patient is educated on the reasoning behind the diet plan so that they are empowered to make the correct food choices to meet their dietary requirements. They are also given menu ideas and recipes to follow.
- Follow-Up Consultations: R425
These consultations involve monitoring the patient, and fine-tuning the patient’s diet plan. Physical measurements will be done, and the dietician will examine the food diary and take another 24-hour dietary recall to make sure the patient is on track. Various topics will be covered in the follow-ups. These include eating out and socializing; coping with hunger; managing comfort eating; healthy meal ideas; breaking the fat-loss plateau; getting active and overcoming exercise barriers.
- Quick Check-Ins for Fat-loss Patients: R300
Please note: The fees are paid to the practitioner. You will be given an invoice to submit to medical aid for a refund.
Discovery Vitality Members will earn 1000 Vitality Points for consulting with a dietician.